Selecting the best restaurants in Bali from the wealth of world-class dining venues on offer was a real challenge. Many venues offer incredible cuisine in terms of region and sophistication and often feature awe-inspiring views to complement your meal. Over the years, Bali has evolved with each wave of visitors and is now truly a first-class dining destination, where the world’s most innovative and talented chefs can be found.
We have gathered the best restaurants in Bali – the finest dining spots the island has to offer – so whether you're looking for a romantic venue to celebrate a special evening as a couple, or looking to revel in a friendly place with your family, we have all the top selections here for you to start off with.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Kubu Restaurant BaliEuropean cuisine – Ubud
Kubu Restaurant Bali offers scenic riverside views and fine Mediterranean-European dining, attracting honeymooners and foodies alike. As the signature restaurant of Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, this dinner-only venue is located on Jalan Raya Kedewatan, slightly removed from downtown Ubud but still easily accessible by car or motorbike.
Crafted mainly from bamboo, the open-air restaurant’s primary soundtrack is provided by the babbling Ayung River. Kubu Restaurant Bali takes its name from the huts local farmers have traditionally used for storing rice and pays tribute to these shelters with nine private dining cocoons, tailor-made for a romantic dinner. Booking ahead is advised for any of the restaurant’s 40 seats, and is an absolute must if you plan on dining in one of the sought-after cocoons. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6.30pm to 11pm
- Location: Jl. Raya Kedewatan No.Banjar, Kedewatan, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 479 2777
Swept Away RestaurantBalinese and western cuisine – Ubud
Swept Away Restaurant, located inside The Samaya Ubud, sits on an elevated deck looking out over a picturesque river that runs past this charming part of Ubud.
You'll find high-end cuisine based on Balinese and western recipes at Swept Away Restaurant. The ambience here is perfect for anyone looking for a relaxed dining experience that's close to nature, and one of the best things about Swept Away is the sheer number of food choices on offer. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm
- Location: Jalan Raya Sayan, Sayan, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 973 606
Blanco par MandifBalinese cuisine – Ubud
Blanco par Mandif serves delicious local Indonesian food but adds a unique twist by offering a degustation style menu that you would more likely find in a French fine-dining restaurant. Expect 7 to 9 courses of elegantly plated cuisine with optional wine pairing. An a la carte menu is also available.
Located in the cultural capital of Bali, Blanco par Mandif serves lunch and dinner in the gorgeous Blanco Renaissance Museum where you can look out over the famous Campuhan River. The restaurant has an intimate feel as it only seats 10 diners per sitting, so it’s the perfect place if you’re looking for an exclusive dining experience. Advanced bookings are a must. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 3 sittings daily: 12pm to 2pm, 6pm to 8.30pm, 9pm to 12am
- Location: Kompleks Museum Blanco, Jalan Raya Tjampuhan, Ubud, Sayan, Gianyar, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 479 2284
Locavore RestaurantModern international cuisine – Ubud
Locavore became famous across the region for its innovative approach to international cuisine using locally sourced produce. Bookings are essential for this celebrated fine-dining restaurant. The sleek and modern interior is trendy but not too pretentious because it’s all about the well-crafted cuisine served from the open kitchen.
Locavore Bali has tasting menus – vegetarian and non-vegetarian – with optional wine pairing. Among the recommended mains are raw Japanese amberjack on watermelon with watermelon gazpacho foam, and slow-braised oxtail with caramelized shallots. Desserts are also heavenly. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 12pm to 2.30pm and 6pm to 11pm
- Location: Jalan Dewisita No.10, Banjar Padang, Tegal, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 977 733
Cuca Restaurant BaliTapas – Jimbaran
Cuca Restaurant serves artisanal tapas and desserts, brought to you by a husband-and-wife team. Cuca offers a sharing experience with highly innovative dishes using ingredients that are locally and sustainably grown. The best spot is at the long table where you can enjoy Chef Cherkas' special tasting dishes while watching him and his culinary brigade in action inside the open kitchen. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from midday to midnight
- Location: Jalan Yoga Perkanthi, Jimbaran, Kec. Kuta Sel., Badung, Bali 80364, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 708 066
Kayuputi Restaurantpan-Asian cuisine – Nusa Dua
Kayuputi is a luxurious restaurant serving Asian-inspired cuisine at the St. Regis Bali Resort in Nusa Dua. The award-winning beachfront restaurant offers premium Asian-influenced haute cuisine and an appealing wine list to pair.
The interiors are adorned with ‘wayang’ traditional shadow puppet ornaments, while the al fresco dining area has private gazebos bordering an impressive pool with ocean views. Open for brunch, lunch and dinner, Kayuputi features a la carte and lavish tasting menus. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from midday to 11pm
- Location: Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua, Blok Lot S6, Benoa, Kec. Kuta Sel., Badung, Bali 80363, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 300 6786
SoleilBuffet – Nusa Dua
Soleil at The Mulia Bali is a swanky buffet-style restaurant on the Nusa Dua coast. This elegantly designed hall is dominated by shades of gold, white and beige, and has gained popularity for its extravagant weekend dinners and Sunday brunches of Mediterranean and pan-Asian cuisine.
Popular options from the buffet islands include cured meats, French cheeses, seafood, and a range of baked desserts. You can opt for alfresco seating with gentle sea breezes or in an open-air garden lounge under shady parasols. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11pm
- Location: Kawasan Sawangan, Jl. Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, Nusa Dua, Kec. Kuta Sel., Badung, Bali 80363, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 302 7777
Pearl RestaurantClassic French – Seminyak
Pearl Restaurant Bali serves up authentic French fare in an airy but intimate garden setting. It’s neatly tucked away at the end of a lane off Legian’s Jalan Arjuna (aka Double Six Road) and completely away from the traffic.
Part of the namesake Pearl Hotel, the restaurant’s garden area comes to life in the early evening with blue fairy lights and hanging lanterns. Inside, you’ll find more private spaces, together with a bar, wine cellar and the kitchen where French chef Jeremy Blanchet prepares his creations. Classic highlights include lobster bisque, duck confit and crème brulee. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 10.30pm
- Location: Jalan Arjuna - Double Six, Gang Eddy, Legian, Kuta, Legian, Kuta, Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)81 934 334 060
CucinaVarious – Nusa Dua
Cut Catch Cucina at Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort offers an eclectic dining experience in a luxurious setting and features multiple outlets within, namely a steakhouse, seafood and grill section, as well as an Italian osteria.
It’s one of the best dining spots on the island to experience a fine combination of food all in the same spot, and the Sunday Brunch at Sofitel Bali makes for one of the best dining experiences about. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 11pm. Sunday brunch from 12pm to 3pm
- Location: Kawasan Pariwisata ITDC Lot N5, Benoa, South Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80363, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)36 1849 2888
CasCadesBalinese and western cuisine – Ubud
CasCades at The Viceroy Bali combines splendid views looking east over the verdant Petanu River valley with fantastic haute cuisine split into western and Indonesian options.
You’ll find an overall refined setting for couples to share intimate, candlelit moments. From the menu, you can choose between Balinese spiced duck leg or Canadian lobster, such is the range of cuisine offered on the concise but diverse menu. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 3pm and 6pm to 9pm
- Location: The Viceroy Bali, Jalan Lanyahan, Br. Nagi, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 972111